Summer is right around the corner; in some places temperatures are already starting to heat up. So, whether you’re building or remodeling a home, or just want to keep cool without having to sit in front of a fan, having an air-conditioning system installed is your best bet. But finding the best company to do residential air-conditioner installation in Conroe, TX, could be challenging.
Consider These Things When Hiring an A/C Installer
There are many HVAC installers and repairmen; that does not mean they are all equal. You can check with family, friends and co-workers to see if they’ve had any good experiences with an AC installer and who it might be. If not, you’re on your own, but you can easily determine which ones rise to the top by doing some research and asking questions of any companies you’re considering.
Here are some of the things you should find out:
- How long they’ve been in business and how many years of experience do their technicians have – individually and cumulatively?
- Ask if the technicians are their own employees or subcontractors.
- Make sure they have a physical address and aren’t just operating out of a truck.
- Are they a member of any professional organizations? If so, they are generally kept abreast of the latest technologies in the HVAC industry and are often offered continuing education and training through those organizations.
- Ask if they provide free estimates.
- Do they clean up when finished doing the installation and, if they are replacing an existing AC unit, will they haul it away. If so, is there an additional charge for that removal?
- Will they guarantee the price quoted will be the final price, even if they overlooked something? Will they guarantee your satisfaction, in writing, and how long is the warranty on the unit they’re installing? Can an extended warranty be purchased?
- Ask whether permits or an inspection required and are those included in the price they quote. If an inspection by your municipality is required – and if a permit is required, an inspection usually goes hand-in-hand with the permit – are you able to withhold payment until the unit passes inspection?
- What are their accepted methods of payment and do they offer any financing plans?
Make sure that they are licensed to do residential AC work in Conroe, TX, and that they’re insured. Check with your city or state licensing agency to verify their license is current and in good standing. Ask them to provide you with a copy of their general liability and workers compensation insurance certificates before beginning any work.
Ask for references and talk to them to learn about the experience. Look at online reviews and check with the Better Business Bureau.
If you follow these guidelines before hiring a company to do residential air-conditioner installation in Conroe TX, you should be in good shape with whoever you hire. After the installation, you can sit back and enjoy keeping cool during the sweltering summer ahead.