Often you may feel a bit uncomfortable with the idea of using a denture for rest of your life, but luckily there exists few other options too. People prefer more dental implants rather than dentures now, which will enable them to have confident smile.
With various dental implant benefits that you can find, let us make one to one comparison between both these options.
- Dental implants can preserve your jawbone and make you appear much younger however the same cannot be said about denture option
- With dental implant, you may feel as if you have your original teeth however the denture will not offer the same feeling.
- Dental implants will be stable, strong and very securely attached to your jaw while denture may often get slipped away and make you a bit uncomfortable.
- You will not need to apply any cream or adhesive in case of dental implant while for denture you will need all these.
- You can chew in normal manner with dental implants however with denture you will have restricted capacity of chewing.
- Dental implants can be a long-lasting solution while denture needs to be remade.
- Dental implants are easier to maintain while dentures need little more maintenance
- Your investment with dental implants can be once in your life time but denture can be a cheaper option but you need to replace it after few years.
With the above comparison it is obvious that dental implants can be the best option as far as maintaining better quality of life is concerned.
Cost is usually one of the reasons why people often prefer to go for dentures, but if you look at the bigger picture then you will find dental implants is a better option here too.
In case of denture, you may have to invest for the replacement of denture every 6 to 7 years and all these recurring costs may end up much more than investing for a right dental implant from a reputed dentist and your entire headache about teeth issues can be solved once for all.
Only in very rare cases, you may have to go for dental implants once again in whole of your life. Besides that, the comfort and convenience that you can get from a dental implant has no comparison with denture.
Prevents bone loss in your jaw
If you look at various benefits that you can get from dental implant over dentures, then perhaps one of the most important benefits of preferring dental implants, as compared to dentures is that they can help in preserving bone in your jaw.
Dental implants will be able to replace the basic root of your tooth and also stimulate the jawbone, so that it can help in maintaining its density.
Also, this can prevent any kind of shrinkage of your jawbone, so the basic integrity of your facial structure will stay fully in-tact and will keep you looking much younger.
If you like to know much more about the dental implants then you can visit any nearby dentist in your city.